the Unbound Sky
the Church of the Unnamed God
The history of the Church if the Unnamed God goes back in written form six thousand years; legend and archaeological evidence show that it probably is much, much older, but the collapse and rise of civilizations have obscured history before that point.
The Commandments of the Church are:
1) Though there are other gods, place your faith only in the Unnamed, for others may seek to undo all of creation, and may seek harm unto life itself.
2) Thou shalt not eat the flesh of sentients, for those of Human blood and the Uplifted come from the same stock, and all share the blessing of the Unnamed God in differing ways.
3) Thou shalt not force yourself in intercourse upon any other creature, save that the creature clearly accepts your advances, nor in any case upon a non-sentient or the minor child of any creature.
4) Thou shalt not claim another sentient creature in ownership, for all creatures possess pride and self and their rising against those who so oppress them are blessed by the Unnamed God.
5) Thou shalt be kind, honorable and humble to your parents, and show kindness, discipline and truth in turn to your children.
6) Thou shalt be neither miserly nor wasteful, but be generous to those who dwell in need and cannot improve their lot.
7) Thou shalt charge not excessively for thine service or goods, for doing so will bring only harm unto you, and to those to whom you sell.
8) Thou shalt not kill unjustly, nor take life except for just cause. If a creature is slain wrongfully, let the victim’s heir be given authority to demand justice or to forgive, but unto the heir is not the matter of taking life for life. It shall be judged by law.
9) Thou shalt take no Oath you would not see fulfilled, nor break the promise given to another.
10) Thou shalt not be arrogant in your claims or beliefs, for always is there more to learn, and damned in life are those who in ignorance strive not, and are not humble.